Posts how to cook Pizza rolls in air fryer for everyone loves pizza. And everyone loves pizza rolls. These bite-sized snacks are the perfect way to get your pizza fix without consuming a whole large one. They’re also a great party food, because they can be made in advance and stored in the fridge until you need them. If you love the taste of pizza but don’t always have time to make it or want to avoid all the calories that come with eating a traditional slice, then air-frying your favorite toppings is the perfect solution.
A standard oven needs anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes to cook pizza rolls. To save time and energy, use your air fryer and cut that prep time down significantly. Air frying your pizza rolls cuts fat while also reducing the cooking time significantly by as much as 70 percent. An air fryer will reduce the oil content and cook them in about ten minutes.
Air Fryer Pizza Roll Topping Ideas
There are endless topping combinations you can use for pizza rolls. But we’ve come up with a few classic examples that are bound to please just about anyone. For a vegetarian option, try adding some mozzarella and freshly chopped basil, along with a drizzle of olive oil. For a meaty dish, try mixing pepperoni, ham and bacon with a little bit of cheddar cheese. And if you want to keep things simple, just add some extra-virgin olive oil and a bit of grated parmesan cheese.
Why you should make pizza rolls in an air fryer
Pizza rolls are a great snack whether you’re watching the game or hosting a party. Plus, they’re an easy way to get your kids to eat their vegetables, since they can be made with a variety of different toppings.
They’re also a fantastic recipe for dieters who want to cut down on carbs. While there are plenty of pizza crust substitutes on the market, not all of them are created equal, and some are far from low-calorie. By making pizza rolls in your air fryer, you can have your pizza and eat it too.
Because pizza rolls are made with crustless pizza dough, they have around half the carbohydrates of a traditional crust, making them a great low-carb option for everyone from dieters to people with diabetes.
Equipment you will need
There are a few essential kitchen items you will need to make your pizza rolls.
– An air fryer will cut your cooking time down significantly, while also reducing the fat content by as much as 80% when compared to standard oven baking.
– This is used to flatten the dough into a wider shape and will also be used to roll the dough out when you are forming the pizza rolls.
Rolling pin cover
– These can be purchased at most stores and are used to cover the top of the rolling pin to prevent dough from sticking to it as you roll.
– This is used to mix together the pizza dough and sauce.
– This will be used to cut up your ingredients.
How to make Pizza Rolls in an Air Fryer: 3 Steps
It may seem complicated, but cooking pizza rolls in an air fryer is actually quite simple. Follow these three steps to make perfect pizza rolls every time:
First, preheat your air fryer to 400 F on the convection setting.
Then, roll out your pizza dough and cut it into pieces that will fit your rollers.
Place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll it out until it is about 1/2-inch thick.
Place each piece of dough into your air fryer and bake for about 4 minutes.
Next, remove the parchment paper from each pizza roll and fill each with your desired toppings.
Then, air fry each pizza roll for around 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
The best practices for making pizza rolls in an air fryer
Preheat your air fryer
– Even though pizza rolls are made with no crust, they still need some time to bake in order for the cheese to melt. By preheating your air fryer, you’ll save some time, and you won’t need to keep opening the door to check on your food.
Use parchment paper
– Pizza rolls are made with no crust, so they’re very likely to stick to the rollers. By placing them between two pieces of parchment paper, you’ll keep them from sticking and making a mess in your air fryer.
Choose your topping wisely
– While you can use any topping you want, pizza rolls are made with no crust, so they can be very high in fat. Try to choose toppings that are low in fat, like vegetables, or go with a simple cheese pizza roll.
Tips and Tricks to Make Perfect Pizza Rolls in Air Fryer
To make sure your air fryer is ready to make the perfect pizza rolls, you should follow these tips and tricks:
Use low-fat ingredients
– When it comes to pizza rolls, you can use just about any type of topping. But it’s important to choose low-fat ingredients to keep these bites healthy. Try using reduced-fat cheese and low-fat meats, like pepperoni, ham or bacon.
Cut back on the salt
– Since pizza rolls are made with no crust, they have very little natural flavor. That means you should use less salt than you normally would.
Add fresh herbs
– Since pizza rolls are made with no crust, they don’t have much natural flavor. That’s why it’s important to add fresh herbs to each bite. Choose herbs like basil, rosemary or oregano.
Preheat your air fryer
– Before you begin making pizza rolls, preheat your air fryer to the suggested temperature. This should take about 10 minutes.
– Make sure your air fryer is oil-less – Some air fryers come with a built-in oil tray, while others don’t. If yours doesn’t, you will need to place paper towels underneath the pizza rolls to absorb any extra oil.
– Use the correct temperature – If you are using frozen pizza rolls, preheat your air fryer to 360°F (182°C). If you are using homemade pizza rolls, preheat it to 370°F (188°C).
– Sizes vary – Make sure your pizza rolls fit inside your air fryer. Air fryers come in different sizes, so make sure you check the dimensions before you begin making them.
While air frying pizza rolls will save you time, you should always double-check your air fryer’s cooking times to make sure they are correct. Your air fryer’s manual should list recommended cooking times for specific foods. To be safe, though, you can use the pizza roll’s suggested cooking times to calculate your own.
In general, pizza rolls take about 11 to 12 minutes to cook at 370°F (188°C). For frozen pizza rolls, increase the cooking time to about 15 to 18 minutes. If you are baking the pizza rolls in the oven, you should preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C) and cook them for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
Should I use a mitt when cooking in an air fryer?
While mitts are not necessary when cooking in an air fryer, they are recommended. Air fryers can reach very high temperatures, and a mitt will protect your hand from burns while you are handling the pizza rolls.
Why should I make pizza rolls in my air fryer?
Pizza rolls are an incredibly easy party appetizer, and making them in your air fryer is a great way to cut back on the carbs while still enjoying this classic snack.
What toppings should I use for pizza rolls?
There are endless topping combinations you can use for pizza rolls. But we’ve come up with a few classic examples that are bound to please just about everyone.
How long do pizza rolls take to make in an air fryer?
Making pizza rolls in your air fryer is simple, but it does take some time. The baking part only takes about 4 minutes, but you’ll need to add some extra time for the fillings and for for the cheese to melt.
How long do you cook frozen pizza rolls in an air fryer?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the cook time for frozen pizza rolls in an air fryer will vary depending on the size and type of air fryer you are using, as well as the specific brand and variety of pizza rolls you are cooking. However, as a general guide, most frozen pizza rolls can be cooked in an air fryer in about 10-12 minutes.
Are pizza rolls good in air fryer?
Yes, pizza rolls can be cooked in an air fryer and they come out crispy and delicious. Air fryers work by circulating hot air around the food, so they are perfect for cooking up small snacks like pizza rolls. Just be sure to cook them on a lower temperature so they don’t burn.
How long do I put pizza in the air fryer?
Assuming you are cooking a pre-made frozen pizza, the general guideline is to cook it for about 12 minutes. However, this can vary depending on the size and thickness of the pizza, as well as the wattage of your air fryer. Therefore, it is always best to check the pizza after the recommended cook time to ensure that it is cooked to your liking.
How do you make pizza rolls taste better?
There are a few things you can do to make your pizza rolls taste even better. First, you can try using a different type of cheese. mozzarella cheese gives the rolls a nice, classic flavor, but you could also try experimenting with other cheeses like cheddar or Parmesan. You could also add some extra toppings to the rolls, like pepperoni or sausage. Finally, make sure you bake the rolls until they’re nice and golden brown – this will give them a delicious, crispy texture.
Are pizza rolls better in the oven or microwave?
There isn’t really a definitive answer to this question since it depends on personal preferences. Some people prefer pizza rolls that are crispy, which can be achieved by baking them in the oven. Others prefer softer, more doughy pizza rolls, which can be achieved by microwaving them. Ultimately, it’s up to the individual to decide which cooking method they prefer.
Why are my pizza rolls soggy?
Pizza rolls can become soggy for a number of reasons. If they are stored in a humid environment, the moisture in the air can cause them to become soft and soggy. If they are not cooked long enough, the dough will not be fully cooked and will be soggy. Additionally, if the pizza rolls are not allowed to cool properly before being stored, the steam from the hot filling can make them soggy.
Now, you know what it takes to make mouthwatering pizza rolls at home. This classic snack is simple to make with a little bit of preparation and some air fryer skills. While pizza rolls are made with no crust, they’re still an easy way to enjoy a slice of pizza without all the carbs. The best part about making pizza rolls in your air fryer is that everyone can customize their bites. You can make them vegetarian, meaty, cheesy or anything else you want. The possibilities are endless. So what are you waiting for? Start air frying pizza rolls today!