Now that summer fruits are in abundance and the prices for them have dropped, you may be wondering how to use all of this fresh fruit. Luckily, making your own juice from fresh fruit is a quick and easy way to get the nutritional benefits of several different varieties of fruit at once.
Making fresh plum juice does not require any special equipment other than a blender and a strainer. Follow our simple step by step guide and soon you’ll be enjoying the health benefits of fresh plum juice at home!
How To Make Fresh Plum Juice
If you are interested in making fresh plum juice, the process is incredibly simple.
1. You will need to purchase a plum or plum-apple plucker, which you can use to get the pits out of the fruit.
2. You will also need a juicer, a fine-mesh strainer, and ice cubes.
3. For the most successful and tasty plum juice, you will also need to pit the plums, remove the seeds and core, and then cut the fruit into smaller pieces.
4. Simply put the plums into a bowl and use a knife to remove the skin and pit.
5. Next, cut the plums into smaller pieces. Lastly, juice the plums using a juicer.
Health Benefits of Fresh Plum Juice
– Aids digestion – Fresh plum juice is rich in fibre, making it an ideal beverage to increase the flow of bile towards the liver, which aids digestion.
– B Vitamins – This healthy drink contains a wide range of vitamins that are essential for the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats. B Vitamins are essential for the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats and help maintain skin, bone, and nervous system health.
– Boosts immunity – The immune boosting properties of fresh plum juice make it a great beverage for anyone looking to bolster their immunity. – Healthy heart – This delicious drink is rich in potassium, which is an electrolyte that helps regulate heart rate, blood pressure, and blood flow to maintain good health.
– Healthy skin – Vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps protect skin cells from the oxidative damage that can lead to wrinkles and sagging skin, is abundant in fresh plum juice making it a great beverage to drink after a long day under the sun.
– Prevents cancer – The anthocyanidins present in fresh plum are anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer agents that have been shown to have potent antioxidant properties that can prevent diseases caused by oxidative stress.
– Prevents diabetes – Studies have shown that people who drink fresh plum juice regularly have lower blood sugar levels, which is a sign of diabetes. – Strengthens hair – The minerals present in fresh plum are essential for promoting strong hair, and the anthocyanidins found in fresh plum have been shown to improve hair growth.
What Kind Of Plums Are Best To Make Plum Juice?
If you are looking to make fresh plum juice, you will want to choose plums that are either fully ripe or nearly ripe. Fully ripe plums contain a high amount of sugar and will make a great plum juice, but nearly ripe plums contain lesser amounts of sugar, making them a better choice for fresh plum juice. If you are looking for the health benefits of plum juice and are unsure of which variety to choose, ripe red or black plums are best as they are one of the most common varieties available in grocery stores.
If you are interested in making plum iced tea, you will need to choose plums that are fully ripe or nearly ripe. Ripe plums contain a high amount of sugar, making them the best choice for making iced tea. If you are interested in making fresh plum juice, you can choose almost ripe plums as they are low in sugar.
Should You Peel The Plums?
We would recommend peeling the plums before making your fresh plum juice as removing the skin will allow the juice to flow more freely from the fruit. While peeling the plums will take a bit more time and effort than not peeling them, the health benefits of drinking plum juice are well worth it! If you choose to not peel the plums, simply wash them well and use a knife to remove the skin and pit. After cutting the plums, simply place them in a bowl and use a knife to remove the skin and pit. Next, add the plums to your blender and blend until smooth.
Ingredients Used To Make Plum Juice
– Ice – While it may seem silly to add ice to fresh plum juice, it does have several important purposes. First, it helps the juice cool down faster. Second, it preserves the drink by preventing mould growth. Finally, it adds flavour to the final product!
– Fresh Plum – The health benefits of drinking fresh plum juice are best when it is made from fresh plum, so this ingredient is essential. It is important to choose plums that are ripe, as they contain more nutritional value than almost ripe or unripe plums.
– Apple Cider Vinegar – This ingredient is included in fresh plum juice to aid digestion, promote healthy skin, hair, and nails, and help with digestion.
– Vanilla Extract – Vanilla is a flavour common in many sweet drinks and desserts, and adding it to fresh plum juice adds an extra boost of sweetness making it the perfect beverage for all ages.
– Lime – Lime is a common ingredient in many beverages, including fresh plum juice. It is used as a natural preservative and flavouring agent.
– Cinnamon – This spice is a common ingredient used in many drinks and desserts, including fresh plum juice. The flavouring agent in cinnamon is a molecule that produces a pungent smell, making it ideal for making fresh plum juice.
– Mint – The mint flavour is slightly bitter, making it ideal for making fresh plum juice. The flavour is also a mild preservative and flavour-enhancer making it ideal for fresh plum juice.
– How To Make Fresh Plum Juice – Blend the plums, ice cubes, fresh plum, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and lime until smooth. – Strain the plum juice through a fine-mesh strainer.
– Store the plum juice in a glass bottle in the refrigerator for up-to 2 weeks.
HOW LONG DOES PLUM JUICE LAST?
Plum juice will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. It can also be frozen for future use. Just make sure to thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.
Storage Instructions for Fresh Plum Juice
Make sure to store fresh plum juice properly to ensure its longevity. The best way to store fresh plum juice is in a glass bottle in the refrigerator. Make sure to close the bottle tightly and label it with the date.
– How long does fresh plum juice last?
The freshness of the plum will last for up to 2 weeks after making the fresh juice.
– What if I don’t have a juicer?
If you don’t have a juicer, simply add the ice cubes and fresh plum to a blender, and blend until smooth. Next, strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer, and pour the juice into a glass bottle.
– Is it OK to drink prune juice everyday?
Prunes are very good for the skin, it helps the skin heal faster and replace damaged skin with new skin. Eating prunes also improves the texture and elasticity of the skin. It also reduces dark spots, freckles and improves other skin conditions.
Final Words: Summing Up
Fresh plum juice is a delicious and nutritious drink that can be made using only a blender and a strainer. This easy recipe requires only a few ingredients and can be made in a few minutes. With several health benefits and no preservatives, it is the perfect drink for any occasion. When making fresh plum juice, you can use almost ripe or fully ripe plums. Ripe plums contain a high amount of sugar, making them the best choice for making fresh plum juice.